BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thankful

Tonight I am thankful! I am thankful for the family and friends that Tyler and I have been blessed with. Today was a really bad day, mainly because last night we didn't get any sleep and ended up calling the nurse advice line at around 3:45 because of Zachary's G tube making weird noises and him being incredibly fussy all night. It ended up being nothing for us to worry about it...too bad we found out so late-or should I say early? Anyway, I don't do well when I don't get enough sleep (which these days qualifies as around 4-5 hours). So, I was really depressed today and just feeling on the brink all day.

Then my mother and father-in-law invited us over for some pizza. We went over after feeding Z and Jerry (my father-in-law) was holding Z him when I noticed that his shirt was wet around where Z was pressed against him. I asked him to pull him back and we saw that Z was all wet and when I opened his onesie we found that he was leaking food from the spot where the G tube was inserted into his stomach. Naturally this freaked all of us out, so I called the advice line yet again (they probably know the sound of my voice by now) and we prepared for what we thought would be a trip to the emergency room. All the while I just kept thinking "REALLY?!!??" and I was actually laughing about it because that was all I could do to keep it together. Thankfully, the on-call surgeon-who happened to be the surgeon who put in Z's feeding tube-said that some food leakage is normal (no one mentioned this at the hospital) and for us to monitor him and the amount he was leaking over night, but that we did not need to go to the emergency room. Doctors kill me because they say things like "some leakage is normal, we just don't want too much". Well what is too much?? When I posed this question, they then said to just make sure it's not gushing out of him, only leaking. Whatever. I am just THANKFUL that we did not have to go to the ER and that since we got home and I fed him at 10:15, he has not been leaking anymore food and has been calm and asleep! I'm THANKFUL for my in-laws and how encouraging and supportive they are! And I am THANKFUL for all of you who have been praying and encouraging and SO generous with your time and money!!!! We are feeling very blessed right now! The Lord is really showing us how He is providing for us in ways we never expected! Thank you!

0 comments: