There is something about having baby that has made me very superstitious! Like when he finally goes down to sleep, Tyler and I say to each other "Don't move or breathe and he won't wake up!" When we used to put him down at night, we each had our own way of carefully placing him in the bassinet, pausing, turning three times, walking out backwards, holding our breath, patting him once on the head, etc. just so that he would stay asleep. It was quite comical, and yet, we did it every time because we hoped that it would work.
I can't believe I dare write about this, for fear of jinxing us, but yesterday we had our first 24 hour period of NO VOMITING! Now, after the first feeding that he didn't vomit, I noticed it, obviously, but of course did not want to acknowledge it out loud for fear that he would then immediately vomit. Shortly after that first feeding, Tyler made a comment about how he was still wearing the same outfit, which was remarkable, and then I knocked on wood to ensure that he wouldn't vomit. The rest of the feedings came and went with no vomiting, and I refused to say anything out loud about it until we put him down for the night. Then Tyler and I discussed this miraculous day of no vomiting, followed by more knocking on wood.
And this morning, still no vomiting...and more knocking on wood as Tyler made a comment about it! Don't worry, we have remembered what outfit he wore yesterday so that if he does start vomiting again, we can put him in it, since obviously that must have helped. Who knew that we would be knocking on wood, holding our breath, and remembering outfits so much after having a baby?!
***Just before I posted this he did spit up on me! But at least it was not one of his vomiting episodes! Better post this now before something else happens!!
Snyder family
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment