Get ready for a long read....
On Thursday, September 18 I had an interview for a 2nd grade teaching position in Salem. I went to the interview, didn't think it went that well, and prepared to continue my substituting as planned. God had other plans though, as Friday I received a phone call from the Salem school district offering me the job!!! I said yes, of course, and then proceeded to freak out, as I still am. I am a 2nd grade teacher!!
This is how amazing God is! I went to coffee with two of my closest friends here in OR and while at that coffee date, I shared my anxiety over not having gotten a job and about subbing and just being in a general state of discontent (plus the hive situation had not gotten any better). One of my friends began sharing about a book that she had read over the summer in her Bible study called Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. My jaw dropped because shortly after Tyler and I moved here, I had seen that book and wanted to buy it-just the title itself is something I have prayed many a time being the worry wart that I am-but I did not buy it because I didn't want to spend the money and figured I would get it another time. Since then, I have looked for this book many times at various book stores and have not found it. SO, my friend told me how it had changed her life and she happened to have the book in her car for me to borrow! So, that night, I went home and read the first chapter and wrote down the Bible verses it said to memorize, and I really, truly did feel instantly calmer. It basically talked about how God is the blessed and almighty controller and he gives us things in His timing and He always does what is best for us! Just knowing that allowed me to let go a little bit because I know He would never do anything to harm me, but only what is good for me. Granted I already knew this, somehow putting Bible verses with it, and trying to memorize those verses, really made a change in my heart and mind.
Then I went to my interview, didn't think it went well, and truly felt at peace about the whole thing, knowing that God has my best interest at heart and that He is in control, so no matter what happens, I will be okay! AMAZING feeling! Then, I got the job! All of this just reassured me, once again, that God knows what He is doing, and that He does have a plan for us. I think sometimes our hearts just have to be in the right place before He can share all He has for us!
Hive update...they finally seem to be receding!! I had a lot this last week, what with it being my first week of teaching and all, but I called me doctor, yet again, and was put on yet another medicine (although they did take one away this time, so I am still ONLY on 6 meds right now-Ha) and the hives seem to be going away. I am not sure if it is the medicine, or if they are just ready to do a mysterious vanishing act in the same way they mysteriously appeared. We shall see...
Snyder family
8 years ago
2 comments:
I am so excited for you! YAY no more hives! I hope teaching is going well.
I am so excited for you! I might need that book. YAY no more hives! I hope teaching is going well.
Post a Comment