Wow, I am having a really hard time blogging. I am still having a lot of mixed feelings about a lot of things so my head just feels muddy and I'm not sure how to word what I am thinking/feeling, hence the reason for no blog post for a while. Then, I was finally working on a post about Christmas and after two days of working on it, I just deleted the whole thing and decided to just give an update on Zachary. Updating on Zachary is easy.
About a month ago, we noticed Zachary was starting to vomit more and seemed to be in more pain during and towards the end of his feeds. I figured it was his reflux and after talking with the OT and nutritionist about it, they agreed. So I emailed his pediatrician and he increased his dose of prilosec. After about a week, we hadn't seen any real improvement with the vomiting, just his pain level-which was good, but I wanted the vomiting to stop. So I decided to take him to a chiropractor who told me that patients usually see an improvement after about 4 treatments, although some see improvement right away. After the third treatment, I started to see some improvement and since the 4th treatment he hardly vomits or spits up at all-unless he is upset or gets too excited. This was a HUGE improvement and I still can't quite believe it!!
Now, I think we need to go in again because I've noticed him starting to do the coughing thing which usually leads to vomiting again. His chiropractor said we may just need to come in sometimes to get him readjusted, which is fine with me. I will literally do anything to help him stop vomiting and start eating!
So, I also took him to a naturopath today to find out how we can get him off the prilosec so his body will start to naturally do what it's supposed to do. She did this crazy test where she used me as the vehicle for some kind of energy from his stomach which told her it was not good. Now, I know this all sounds hokie, and honestly, I would be really skeptical had I not been a part of it. Anyway, she then tested him to see which natural remedies were going to help his stomach and she sent me home with two different things to try. I apologize if this all doesn't make sense, but it is really hard to describe without showing you what she did. The point is, we are going to try out these two natural treatments with the hopes of being able to wean him from the medicine. The downside is it requires us to open up these capsules before 4 of his feeds, mix them with water and give them to him before we start his feed. It's kind of a pain, but like I said, totally worth it if it helps him in the end.
Since his reflux seems to be better again, he has started eating more by mouth again which is encouraging! We see the feeding clinic again on Monday and I am curious what she will say we should try next.
Other than all this feeding stuff, oh and the fact that he hates sleep, he is a pretty happy baby who is learning to fully explore his world with his cruising/walking skills. He is keeping us on our toes as he gets faster and faster every day!
And lastly, Zachary is being dedicated at church this Sunday, which I am really excited for. For those of you who don't know, our church does baby dedications which is where the parents and baby get up in front of the church with one of our pastors so that the congregation can meet us and pray over us as parents raising our baby to be a Christ follower, and Zachary growing up to be a Christ follower. It's our way of saying we are dedicated to raising Zachary in a Christian home.
Well, I think that pretty much sums up the life of Zachary for now.
Snyder family
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment