So I guess it is time for another update, although this was not something I was looking forward to sharing. It seems to me that there are a lot of people in our lives that are going through hard times, whether it be financially, physically, or emotionally, and Tyler and I are not immune. Tyler was laid off last week from his job. This was a major bummer, mainly because the company he worked for has been like a 2nd family in many ways and we are sad to no longer be apart of that. That said, we also know that God has a plan for our lives and that He is in control. We feel that God has been preparing our hearts for this and Tyler has been feeling like maybe his time at BC was coming to an end for a while now, so being laid off was only confirmation of that. We have full trust in God and know that He is going to provide for us, and that Tyler will be moving on to something even better than his old job. Tyler left BC on good terms and we will still keep in touch with many of the people he worked with, so that is good. So, now we are just waiting to see what adventure God has in store for us next.
Now, I don't really think there is ever a good time to be laid off, but if there was, now would be that time for us. I have a job now, which is always a plus. Also, I have been reading this book called Calm My Anxious Heart, by Linda Dillow, and this book has truly changed my life. It has truly helped me to not worry and helped me remember how good our God is, how He is the one in control, how He never does anything to harm us, and knowing all of those things, it is silly to worry. Don't get me wrong, I have always "known" those things logically, but never really allowed them to sink into my heart until now. God has been working in my heart and bringing me to a place where I am completely reliant on Him, which is why now is a good time for this to be happening to us. In the past, this sort of news could have possibly sent me over the edge into crazy land. I am normally the one how is super anxious and worried about everything, and right now, I just have a lot of peace and comfort from the Lord. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND reading Calm My Anxious Heart to EVERYONE!! I know it says it is a woman's guide to contentment, but honestly, I think everyone could benefit from reading it. It is kind of like counseling-I think everyone should go through counseling, even if you have lived a happy life. I just think it is beneficial for everyone, like this book =)
So, there you have it, that's the latest with us. We would obviously appreciate any prayer about this, specifically just that the Lord would really guide Tyler as he is searching for a job, and that he would find a job sooner, rather than later. I hope everyone is doing well. I will keep you updated on any job happenings, and any other things that are going on with us.
Snyder family
8 years ago
3 comments:
Oh dear....I am so sorry! I will certainly be praying. Thanks for the update.
That is such a bummer. I will definitely be praying for you guys. Until last week, Cory was without a job for over 2 months. Although we dont have all of the bills you do, I understand where you guys are coming from. Maybe i need that book because I have a very anxious heart.
Hey there girl! I just found out about the lay-offs at BC, I want to say that I can't believe it, but I can. It does make me very sad though! I will definitely be praying for you two! I left a comment on Tyler's blog and saw your blog there. I'll have to add you. I have read part of Calm My Anxious Heart- great! Linda Dillow has lots of great books. I struggle with fear a lot so that book was helpful! Just keep believing the truth and focusing on the Lord. Praying for you!
Post a Comment